Wednesday 3 November 2010

Wednesdays Wear It or Frog It

I bought the kit for this bracelet from Spellbound Beads at the 2009 Welsh Bead Fair. The instructions were easy to follow, plenty of beads and it was fun to make. It came out beautifully too (it's much nicer in real life, but as the clocks have changed and we have had no sunlight to speak of here in Wales, I had to use the flash). So how come I haven't ever worn this beauty, I here you ask? Because, despite the care I took in following the pattern, I didn't check the size and it is 1/4 inch too small! I could frog it and make it again, but I would really prefer to make myself a new one from some stash beads and give this to somebody else to wear. I have a few younger teenagers in the family so I think this will find it's way into the Christmas Bran Tub!


3 comments:

June said...

Its lovely, you can see a lot of work has gone into it.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Sarah! Such a shame it's a tad too small. I do this all the time, either too small or too long...

Whoever gets this for Christmas is very lucky indeed!

Sarah said...

Thank you both!