Monday 8 November 2010

Monday Moodboard Reveal - Purple, Blue & Green

We've had four wonderful entries for our Monday Moodboard and all use different techniques. Before I reveal them, here's a recap of the mosaic from last week...


Clockwise from top-left: Octopus Babies, New Nice Threads, Le purple-keh, Garter.

Sarah made these wonderful peacock-like circular peyote earrings, using three sizes of seed beads...



For my necklace I made some felt beads from merino wool, dotted them with seed beads and combined them with sparkly Czech crystals and chain...



Maria created this sweet charm by combining amethyst, emerald and lapis chips, a lime green and purple pearl-coated bead and bugle beads...



And this week we have a beautiful entry from one of our readers, the very lovely Carol, who made this elegant bead embroidered heart...



Thanks for joining in with us Carol!

If you'd like to join in with this or any other Monday Moodboard challenge, it's very simple. Just add your photos to our Flickr group pool (you'll need to have a Flickr account and join our group before you can add to it) or alternatively send them to me at liz@thecrimsonmoon.co.uk

8 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

the felted one is my favorite !

Bead Queen said...

There are some lovely entries this week. Love your felted beads too Liz, and Sarah, those earrings are lovely.

Well done everyone.

Carol XXX

Anonymous said...

I really like what everyone has done, hard for me to choose just one as I think I would wear all of them (though maybe not at the same time hehe)! Fab colours yet again Liz:-)

Clair said...

Wowser! Simply stunning projects this week and I'm loving Carol's embroidered heart. I saw something similar recently and really want to try it - great inspiration!

Sarah said...

ooh, lovely work everyone! All so different, I am loving these challenges, great to see you joining in Carol! How's your shoulder?

Bead Queen said...

Thanks everyone.

Sarah - My shoulder is getting better each day, as long as i dont use my arm too much lol. My ribs are better too, just the top one that hurts a little now when i bend forwards. XXX

Anonymous said...

Thanks girls! I'm glad to hear that you all enjoyed these colours, I think it's been my favourite MM so far :)

Clair, maybe it's my Winter's Heart project you've seen in Bead magazine? The Winter Sparkle Special is on sale now if anyone wants to have a go at it. Carol made such a great job of hers :)

Kitty Ballistic said...

Beautiful! My favourite colours all together. The beaded heart is so pretty. I'm trying to figure out how it's done - the beads are on wire, rather than thread, aren't they?